Astronomy events like star parties play a
crucial role in public outreach, education, and community
building. To better support these wonderful organizations
and events, Astrospheric is offering tools and professional data
sets to organizers and participants.
Given that so many star parties and events have been cancelled over the past
few years, we are hoping
this offer can help sweeten the pot for getting folks registered and out to your event in the future.
Organizers and participants will gain access to the following
features up to and through the time of the event.
- Ensemble Cloud Forecast specifically tuned for
astronomers. Check multiple cloud models in one
- Weather alerts with custom trigger events for any
location, including the location of the star party or
- Smoke forecast to track wildfire smoke and its
impact on sky transparency.
- Access to extended cloud forecasts and advanced map layers.
Custom Astrospheric Subspace
- Communicate with participants directly in the
Astrospheric app in a privacy focused environment
- Manage the attendee list
- Quickly get updates out to participants so everyone
is in the loop
- Participants can communicate and share images and
Here are the requirements
The event must be an astronomy related (Star Party, Conference, etc)
The event must be within 6 months of taking advantage of this offer
The event is for more than
If you're not familiar with Astrospheric, check out the
webpage and apps as
well as the help documentation.
To get started, a coordinating member of the event should
complete the following sign up form. For more details
please email firstname.lastname@example.org